Monday, August 25, 2008

Stumbling Along

In the last few weeks I have told you that I started crawling, pushing myself to the sitting position, lifting myself up, cruising... and now I am starting to stumble! It is not walking, but rather a lack of balance "fall" into another object.

I can pull myself up onto any object to stand
next to. I can pull myself next to a couch, ottoman, coffee table, walls, doors and even the bathroom tile. I love standing so much!!! I love it so much that I want to see everything and TOUCH everything.

For instance, I can pull myself up on the couch and cruise over to the otto
man and then onto the chair. I will turn around and go back the way I came because the center piece on the coffee table looks like a play toy! But going from the couch to the coffee table isn't easy. That is where I need to reach out and stumble towards it. I will catch it after only a step... but don't think it is walking. It is a non-graceful fall that I am able to catch myself from.

With this stumbling comes the use of another toy. It has been collecting dust for a few weeks now, but my dad decided to give it a try... my push walker toy. Who knows what it is called, but I love it. I
can now push this toy and semi walk anywhere I want. I used to be out of control, but now I can start and stop and even turn a little bit! This walking thing is fun!

So my dad is going back to work this week. Since he is gone, my cousin Ellen is going to be watching me these next few days, then my mom will be taking a few days off! Her good friend Heather is visiting us for a few days from Madison. I met her in Portland t
his last weekend and the next few days are going to be blast!!!!

Next week is day care! I am going to enjoy this week as much as I can, because everything will change starting Monday! But for the good I am told!

Like a good boy I am preparing myself for daycare and their schedule. My parents aren't pushing this, but rather I am pushing myself into a new schedule of only one nap. Wake at 7... nap at 11... no afternoon nap and bed at 8. It has only been happening for a few days now, but I just didn't feel like a second nap anymore. I would bounce around in my crib for an hour before taking a sh
ort nap. So my parents finally got the hint!

Funny story... dog food tastes bad! My dad put me down on the floor near the kitchen in order to quickly dial the phone. As it was ringing he picked me up again... I am not sure why he can't do two things at once... but.......... anyway, when he picked me up he noticed I was drooling like mad. Not just your normal drool, but waterfalls. He didn't like what he saw and so he stuck his finger in my mouth and pulled out one of Riley's dog food pellets! Ewwwwww. In a matter of seconds I crawled towards and pulled out a pellet out of Riley's dish. I can now tell you that I prefer cherrios!

I hope everyone has a great week! Happy Birthday on Wednesday to Kate!

MRD

No comments: