Sunday, August 31, 2008

Facing Front...

I am no longer facing backwards in the car. Yup, the carseat is now facing forward! It is so much better this way, because I can see my parents better and I can also see where we are going. I am not a fan of the wind in my face now and when it rains it is kind of freaky. But I love staring at the windshield wipers! At least that is fun!

My parents had a friend come into town last week. Her name is Heather and see was a blast! She desperately tried to get me to say
"Heather"... but I couldn't. I showed her peek-a-boo, how big, and all the rest of my tricks... but she wasn't impressed. I even picked up a new trick and still not impressed! She was really cute trying though... oh well, maybe next visit I will say her name. Overall her visit was great. Her visit gave us a great excuse to drive out to the beach and see some sea lions!

My cousin Ellen watched me this week! She was great. I tried my best, but no matter what I did she handled it perfectly. Crying... no problem. Tired... a breeze. Full and messy diaper... taken care of. She was great! She even took me for a few walks too! She was great! Thank you Ellen!

So my
parents host a yearly dinner for college freshman. It is part of the university's opening days program. About 20 people showed up on Saturday expecting to eat some dinner and get to know each other... and so I thought I would provide them with some entertainment. Whether it was crawling around, scaling the glass door or even trying to stand and falling they all loved it. It wasn't like I did anything differently, but I had 2o people giving me the ooh's and ahh's for 2 whole hours. Not too bad.

So daycare starts Tuesday. I am ready and so are my parents. My mom is going
to drop me off with all of my stuff. I think she is going to do better than I will. It is time and we are all ready... we'll see what happens. I will let you know!

I hope everyone has a great short week!

MRD


No comments: