Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Whirlwind!

What a crazy whirlwind two weeks I had! I have been in and out of town, plus the holidays of course!

So before Christmas I got a surprise week off with my dad. He didn't have school the entire week and we got to hang out the entire time! After that week of fun with my dad, my mom was on vacation too! So I had the both of em!


We headed up to the airport on Sunday night because the weather was horri
ble! I have never seen my dad drive so slow. Apparently, "chains required" doesn't mean a whole lot to my parents when driving in the snow. You should have heard them making fun of everyone for being such bad drivers. A hint of snow and everyone throws on chains, but a foot of it and every horrible driver seems like they had to be on the highway!

We survived the trip up to the airport and checked into our hotel room for the night. It was fun to camp out with my parents. Unfortunately, our flight was canceled when we woke up! So we braved the snow for no reason! We headed back home for another 4 days. All the flights to Georgia to see my grandparents were booked! Nothing until the day AFTER Christmas!

So Christmas was a family affair! I loved it. It was great to wake up and see what Santa brought me in my own house! I got some great gifts! A year's pass to the zoo, a baby piano, a noisy hammer, new stackable cups and a whole bunch more!

Christmas night we again headed ba
ck up to the airport to try this whole thing again! The drive up was perfect! This time we got a new hotel and this one had a pool! I got to swim on Christmas night. How about that? Not too bad if you ask me!

The next
day was exciting. We had an easy flight to Atlanta and met my grandparents. We rushed back to their house and started playing right away. Georgia was so much fun. I was spoiled rotten and pampered in everyway! They had their house all ready for me. My grandparents had borrowed toys and other things from my new friend Ethan and gotten the house all set up for me to run around in. I even had TWO play areas, the main one and "play area East"!

We did some pretty great things while we were in Georgia!!!! My grandfather took me on a mini-tractor ride around the yard and even down the street! My grandmother took me over to her good friend Miss Jackie's house! What a gorgeous home she has. My mom was worried I was going to wreck the place, but I did ok. I even got a nice sunny December day walk too. It was 70 degrees out most days so I got to play outside and inside, which ever I wanted!

So my parents took off for a few days. They went to Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA for two nights. That means that I got a break from those two meanies and got to spend some quality time with the grandparents. My parents aren't cutting me too much slack these days, so it was nice to be with two people that think I do no wrong! HA!!!

I came up with names for my grandparents! I call my grandmother, Gee-gee and my grandfather Pupa (poopa!!) I don't think my grandfather likes his name too much, but then again I am only 15 months old... come on now right?

After an amazing week in Georgia it was time to come home. It was sad to say goodbye, but I will be seeing them soon. My grandparents will be coming out to see me in February and maybe again in April! So exciting! I hope we can do more sleep overs without the "you know who's"!!!

Well that pretty much sums up my last two weeks. It was so busy and action packed, and now I can't believe it is over! Ingrid is going to be over to watch me this week and everyone goes back to work (ha ha). So everything is back to normal!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and a wonderful New Years!

MRD


Click HERE to see all the pictures!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GeeGee and Poopa miss you and your mom and dad--our house is too quiet!
Luv, GeeGee