So last week I had a minor milestone with my age, but my mom had a big one this week! She turned 30 years old. She doesn’t look 30 and she certainly doesn’t act like an old lady!
On Monday my dad stayed home with me! We had such a good time. We cleaned the house, had some tummy time, walked to the store and waited for mom to come home! We even cooked dinner, well my dad did that.
On Wednesday I had my doctor’s appointment. I was weighed, looked at, picked up, put down, poked, prodded and then stabbed three times in the leg with “medicine”. It hurt like all get out and of course I cried like crazy. After I calmed down, everything was good and I got to sleep a ton. My dad was inspired by me getting three shots he went and got one too. But his was for the flu. Mine were for serious diseases… what a wimp
So I weighed in a whopping 17 ½ pounds!!!! Holy S%&* right? But everything is good because I am also 26 ½ inches too. So when everything was said and done, I am in the 90% for weight and 80% for length… but I was literally “off the charts” for head size! The doctor was encouraged that I was growing so well and said that I was perfectly healthy too. So that is nice.
On Friday I got to go to work with my dad. My mom took the train to Seattle and after being watched by Ingrid my dad took me to work! He has some great co-workers that loved to hold me. One other teacher even fed me. How nice. So after work my dad and I took off for Seattle to see my mom.
The drive up was long, but we made it safe and sound. We stayed with Ryan and Bernie again. They are so much fun!!! Apparently I was a total pain in the butt all weekend long. If you call crying all day for no reason, spitting up and throwing up a lot a pain in the butt… then I guess I have to agree!
The weekend was all bad. We all went out to dinner at a fun restaurant in the U-Village Saturday night and my parents and I went shopping downtown all day Saturday. Seattle is so much fun! We wanted to do more, but just ran out of time.
Hope all is well.
MRD
2 comments:
That first picture is awesome....it looks identical to Jonathan Papelbon's stare-down when closing out a Red Sox game.....check it out:
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/tom_verducci/09/25/late.great1001/p1_papelbon1.jpg
Happy Birthday, Mom! 30 isn't so bad...ask my old bag, Emily.
Yo, Matt!
Did you stay up for the Super Bowl?
We did!!
Love,
Pop
Post a Comment