Sunday, September 14, 2008

Better... but not quite 100%

So Ingrid is wonderful! We spent two days together last week and we have already done a ton of stuff. I got to go for a walk, swing in the backyard and I even chased her around the house in my walker. She will be only over for three days this week because my grandparents are coming!!!! As I mentioned before she will be my full time caregiver and I am so excited... I am in good hands!!!!!

So does everyone know what Thursday is????? Let me give you a hint... Someone really important arrived (was born) on that day. Did you guess it??? Well, if
not I will tell you... Thursday September 18th is my BIRTHDAY!!!! I am going to be a whole year old! That's right... it is my first birthday. One!

I am seeing some cake mix in the cabinet, but I haven't heard anything yet. All I know is that my grandparents are coming (they are usually pretty good about presents) and I
am starting to see some "stuff" showing up in my closet that looks new and could be used by me in the very near future!!!! I will keep you posted.

So last week I was really sick and this week I am feeling better. The fire down below that most people call a "rash" is all gone and most of the symptoms of being sick are almost gone. This runny nose is slowing down but still not stopped though. But on Sunday night I started coughing quite a bit... and when I coughed too hard I threw up. On Sunday I threw up a total of six times! I covered my dad twice and got my mom after my bath! I had to go to bed without a bottle... so I was hungry when I woke up!


Being sick sucks.

This weekend my parents and I went to Portland for some fun and shopping. We
started by going to the Oregon Health and Science University tram! The tram runs between two buildings, but one is at the bottom of a hill and one is at the top! At the top we were able to walk around the hospital grounds and enjoy the view of the city, Mt. Hood, and even Mt. St. Helens. It was a gorgeous day and it was a great view!

After the tram we headed into the city. We went downtown and walked around to different stores and shops. We tried to buy some stuff for my dad, but we didn't. We tried to buy some stuff for my mom, but again we didn't. Then we tried to b
uy some stuff for me... and we did! I got some fun clothes out of it and will look great!

Well I hope everyone has a great week! We are counting down the days until my grandparents come and then right after they leave, we will be getting ready for my uncle's wedding. Fun stuff is happening soon.

MRD


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey matty guru...i am so happy you are feeling better...sounds like you had a horrid week...i hope this week goes well for you...i am so happy that ingrid is going to be watching you...you are a lucky boy...she is alot of fun....take care, and have a better week....this is an important week for you...ONE year old...WOW love you, butter:)

j said...

So cute!!!! The video had me cracking up. He's a smart little cookie!