So you know how I went on about my mommy getting sick last week??? Well, it didn’t stop there! Nope! My daddy got sick two days after that (Christmas Eve) and then my grandpa got sick Christmas Day, and finally that same night, my grandma got sick. So everyone got sick except me! That is a good thing apparently! My uncle Larry and Aunt Stephanie escaped to Boston just in time too.
So how was everyone’s Christmas? Mine was fantastic, thanks for asking! Even though my grandfather was in his hotel room, we still opened presents. I got clothes, outfits, books, ornaments, coins, a beach bag with my initials on it, a drum toy, a college sweatshirt, alphabet games, and so much more! One item I really like is the Patriots outfit I got from my friend Mason Prive in Massachusetts! We will be cheering for our perfect team from both coasts!
Another cool toy my mom and dad got me is this mumbo thingy. Oh, did I say cool toy, I meant to say that this thing is a torture device. They want me to get this workout and so they sit my butt in this seat and make me sit up straight. Of course I wobble and tumble, but they think I am good at it sometimes. I never see those two lazy bums sitting upright. They are always leaning against something when they sit… unfair treatment!!! Do as I say… not as I do huh? But one cool thing is that I got to watch some football!
I am going to make some noises now! I am cooing and blurting out anything that comes into my mind. It is so much fun. I especially like exhaling and then making a really cute sound that everyone either laughs at or thinks is adorable.
Besides making noises, I can also grab onto things as well. Concentrating is hard, but once I do it I can reach out and grab out anything. Usually it is my daddy’s or my grandpa’s fingers, but we’ll see what will be next!
So in a few short days my mom is going back to work! I wasn't surprised to hear that my dad was going back after two weeks, but my mom? After three and a half months she is leaving me all alone for her job. Well, not alone... but with her Aunt who is going to take care of me. More people means more fun!!! Different people are going to take care of me during January while my mom works part time. Then my grandma is coming back out to take care of me full time... so my mom can work full time. Things will be different soon, but I think things will still be great!
Well, only a few more days of 2007 (my birth year). It is sad to see it go, but there is so much to look forward to in the upcoming year. I can’t believe that in 2008 I will be crawling, talking and walking. I can’t wait for the New Year and all the new things I will be doing. I hope I get share some of these and many more new things with those of you who read this blog. If not, keep reading and watching!!!!!
Happy New Year to everyone!
MRD
3 comments:
dEareSt mAttiE,
fiRsT oFF, mY dAddY wAntS tO sAy 'tHanK yoU' fOr thE bIrthDay wIshEs. mE aNd mOmmY wEnT tO thE chEEsEcakE fActoRy tO gEt dAddy a sPecIaL cAkE fOr thE bIg 2-9. thEy wOulDn'T gIvE mE anY, tHouGh. :(
i'M gLaD yOu lIkE yoUr pAtriOts ouTfiT....i pIcKeD iT oUt mySelF. hOpeFullY yOu gOt aS mAnY giFtS aS i gOt - tHis hOliDay iS gReaT!
hOpE tO mEEt yOu iN peRsOn sOOn....dAddY reLayS yoUr mEssAgeS fRoM thIs inTerNet thIng, wHicH i'M trYinG tO leArn sLowLy.
hUgS aNd kIssEs (mAnLy oNes, tHouGh),
MaSoN fRoM tHe rIgHt cOasT!
Happy New Year, Matthew!
We have six inches of fluffy white snow this morning and if you were here, you, Uncle Nick and I would have a snowball fight!
Have a GREAT 2008, Matt!
Love,
Pop
Hi Matthew,
I love your blog! We missed you when we got home; our house is too quiet! Loved all your pictures and you're doing such a good job of sitting up in that thingy!!
Gram and Gramp
Post a Comment