Saturday, December 8, 2007

Hello Illinois!!!!


Hello Geneva, Illinois!!! I am visiting relatives and friends here. They love me! Let's see, I was called "cute", "adorable", and my favorite "beautiful".

Just in case you missed it, I flew from
Portland to Chicago last Thursday. I was soooooo good on the flight. In exchange for not crying or flipping out, I got to eat a lot and sleep a lot too. Not too bad of a deal if you ask me.

So here I am in Chicago. I don't have my regular stuff (i.e. crib, swing, etc) but I am doing ok with borrowed items - Thanks aunt Kristen and uncle Justin!!! - and the new stuff my mom bought me too. So I am thinking that Chicago is a nice place. Everyone is really nice and enjoy seeing me. My mommy dresses me up everyday (no "All Day PJ" days here!) in order for me to look my best.

I am meeting new people everyday. Uncles, Aunts, Great Grandparents, distant cousins and many other relatives from my mom's side and even her friends from Wisconsin are coming down tomorrow! Fun!


So you might be asking... where is my dad? Well, he stayed at home. He has to work! Just to let you all know my daddy is sporting himself a fantastic beard. I cannot wait to grow up and get me one of those! He looks like a rugged tough dude, but my mommy says he looks like a bum and apparently he won't have his super sweet beard when we get home. I wonder why? Oh well...

Even though I haven't seen him, luckily I have gotten to hear my dad's voice a lot. He and my mom talk a lot, but one time I heard my dad yelling on the phone!!! That's right... yelling! Well, the story goes like this --- my doggy back home (Riley) was really lonely the day we left for the airport and was home alone for the first time since I was born... well......... when my daddy got back home after work he found our Christmas Tree laying on the ground!! Riley did it!!!! I guess a bunch of ornaments broke and the water spilled everywhere! I think all the yelling happened when my mom called daddy when he was picking it all up!

Naughty dog! Riley sounds like the dog in one of my books.... "Bag Dog Marley!".

So today I went to see my uncle Erik's wrestling match. He is a sophomore in high school and came in 2nd place. It was great to see him kicking some butt out there, but unfortunately he lost his last match. Hence the 2nd place part. While my mom and I were waiting for his match we got to watch other matches, but that was when I was lectured for almost 2 hours about how I will "never ever be allowed to play such a violent sport". Can you say overprotective? Geez Mom!


Well that is it for now... have a great week.

MRD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cutie Pie,
Love these pictures and sure hope you have a great trip home to Oregon. Can't wait to see you soon.
Love you,
Gram