Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

So this week was great! I got to hang out with my mom a ton and even helped her work. So Ingrid went to Chicago for the week and so my mom stayed home with me. Instead of staying in the house all day we drove all around town delivering things. She had to drop off these advertisement thingies too all the high, middle and elementary schools here in town and I got to help her!! Her job is pretty cool and I am glad I got to tag along!

So Thursday was Turkey Day!!! I have to say that I love Thanksgiving! The house smells so fantastic all day long, football is on TV, and the food is outstanding. Dee Dee and her family came over for dinner and we had a blast. I got to sit at the table like everyone else and eat like everyon
e else!!! My absolute favorite was the pumpkin pie! I am not saying the other stuff was bad, but I was just addicted to the pie. I ran from person to person looking for more! And of course I got it!!!!

Thanksgiving is also a special holiday of sorts to my parents. Thanksgiving marked the one year anniversary of me sleeping through the night!


The day after Thanksgiving was the day we got our
Christmas tree! We drove 15 miles outside of the city to a bunch of dirt roads until we finally came to a Christmas tree farm! This place was great! We got to drink hot cocoa, eat cookies and of course cut down a tree! But the special part was that we got to ride a train of sorts out to the field! It wasn't too much of a ride, but when we got there we walked out to find our special tree! It didn't take long to find it, but we did! This sucker is huge! We had to cut it down to make it fit! We spent the night decorating and setting up the rest of the house! It is officially Christmas season in the Daniels house...

So besides the holidays dominating our lives this time of year, I am doing some fun things too. I love to repeat! I can pretty much get the gist of what you want me to say and do my own rendi
tion! And it doesn't even have to be words either... for instance if someone sneezes or coughs, I do that too. It gets quite the laugh!!

I hope everyone has a great week and has a great start to December!


MRD



Click here for this week's PICTURES!!!

1 comment:

kate! said...

dear mattie.
i miss you and your mom and dad.
can we hang out soon?

love,
kate