So my grandma left. Bummer. Now I have the old man with me for FIVE WEEKS! Does anyone else know what that is like? My grandmother would be gentle and understand my mood swings. But this guy doesn’t put up with that and I think I overheard him say something about “crying it out”. What does that mean?
So now that my dad is off of work for five weeks, we are going to do lots of stuff. We are going to have lunch with my mom a bunch, work around the house (yuck) and take Riley on walks. Speaking of the dog, I just noticed that we have one. That furry huge mess of a dog is getting pretty close to whacking me with his tail. I will be bouncing in my Johnnie Jump Up and he will walk by swinging that tail around… one of these days I am sure it is going to hurt.
So the other main part of my dad’s little vacation is to change my diet. (funny story I will tell you about next) My dad is going to start replacing ounces in my bottle with actual food. Instead of eating straight bottles anymore I will be eating things like peas and then wash it down with “a little formula”. So no more alternating, now it is fruit with a small bottle then a green veggie with a small bottle… and then dinner!!!
So my parents went to a richie rich store called Trader Joe’s. My dad got a kick out of the place and so did I. It has great food and wonderful adult beverage price tags (apparently). This place has people everywhere who are trying to impress each other. Who can buy more organic things than the other person and who can have more dreadlocks than the other person and my favorite who can make others over hear who is more serious than anyone else in the store. So we were checking out with our stuff and this old lady starts talking to my dad about me. She said how cute I was and how happy I was (duh right?)… but then this bag of bones goes on to say “he sure doesn’t miss a meal though” What the H??? Neither of my parents knew what to say. My dad walked away from her (and my mom thanked him for some reason) and my mom just looked away. I don’t think in the 100 years of this lady’s life she missed a meal either, if you know what I mean!!!!!
I hope everyone has a great week!!!
MRD
1 comment:
Oh Matthew, I miss you so much! I like seeing you relaxed and sleeping on Daddy's shoulder, and I love your shirt with the truck on it!
Love,
Grammy
Post a Comment